Singapore’s Jurong Bird Park has 5,000 birds (constituting 380 species), making it the largest collection of birds in any Bird Park in the World.
|JURONG BIRD PARK CONTENT|
MAIN ATTRACTIONS / HIGHLIGHTS OF JURONG BIRD PARK
- Jurong Bird Park is Asia’s largest Bird Park with over 5,000 birds. Many birds have open enclosures.
- Impressive exhibits at Jurong Park include Dinosaur Descendants, Pelican cove (especially at feeding time), Flamingo Lake, African Waterfall Aviary, Hornbill and Toucans exhibit and Macaw Island.
- The Lory Loft is a standout where Australian Loft birds feed from bowls in the hands of visitors. It is common to see birds climb onto visitors.
- “Birdz of Play” is an excellent Wet Play Area for kids with water fountains, water slides, showers, sprinklers, etc.
- Jurong Park has impressive bird shows. The most impressive is the revamped “High Flyers Show” which has over 100 birds performing amazing tricks.
PICTURES OF JURONG BIRD PARK
(Please click on pictures to enlarge)
MAIN SECTIONS AT SINGAPORE’S JURONG BIRD PARK
Key sections and enclosures at Jurong Bird Park in clockwise direction from the entrance are:
- Penguin Coast (King Penguin, African Penguins, Humboldt, Macaroni, Rockhopper)
- World of Darkness (Barn Owl, Malay Fish Owl, Great Grey Owl, Snowy Owl, Eurasian Eagle Owl, Boobook Owl)
- Spoonbills (African Roseate Spoonbill, Snowy Egret)
- Shore Birds (Night Heron, White-Breasted Cormorant, Grey-headed Gull, Silver Gull) and Scarlet Ibis
- Royal Ramble (Common Crowned Pigeon, Victoria Crowned Pigeon, Scheepmaker’s Crowned Pigeon)
- Hornbills and Toucans (Great Indian Hornbill, Black Hornbill, Southern Pied Hornbill, South American Toucan)
- Windows on Paradise (Birds of Paradises from Irian Jaya and Papua New Guinea)
- Lory Loft (World’s largest Lory Aviary with fun rope bridges and multiple levels. Visitors can feed nectar to the Lory birds)
- Birds of Prey (American Bald Eagle, Himalayan Griffon Vulture, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Brahminy Kite)
- Jungle Jewels and South East Asian Birds (Tanagers, Contingas, Red-crested Cardinal, Yellow-hooded Blackbird, Violaceous Euphonia)
- Dinosaur Descendants (Cassowary, Rhea, Emu, Ostrich)
- African Waterfall Aviary (Red and Yellow Barbet, Turacos, Guinea Fowls, Weavers, Parrots, Rollers)
- Swan Lake (Black Swan, Mute Swan)
- Parrot Paradise (Hyacinth Macaw, Scarlet Macaw, Blue and Gold Macaw, Military Macaw, Blue-eyed Cockatoo, Major Mitchell’s Cockatoo, Black Palm Cockatoo, Yellow Naped Amazon, Red-sided Eclectus Bird)
- Pelican Cove (Nice gallery to view 7 out of 8 species of Pelicans, including Dalmatian Pelican, Great White Pelican, Gull Pelican, Australian Pelican)
- Flamingo Lake and Shoebill (Large lake area for Greater Flamingos and Lesser Flamingo)
- Birdz of Play (Children’s wet and dry play area)
- Mandarin Ducks (Colorful Mandarin Ducks)
- Riverine, Wetlands (Wood Duck, Tree Duck, Rosy-Billed Pochard, Marabou Stork, Saddle Billed Stork)
- Macaw Island and Flamingo Pool (Hyacinth Macaw, Scarlet Macaw, Blue and Gold Macaw, Military Macaw, Chilean Flamingos, Caribbean Flamingos)
SHOWS AND EVENTS AT JURONG BIRD PARK
|SHOWS||VENUE||TIME OF 1st SHOW||TIME OF 2nd SHOW|
|High Flyers Show||Pools Amphitheatre||11.00am||3.00pm|
|Kings of the Sky Show||Hawk Walk||10.00am||4.00pm|
|Lunch With Parrots||Songbird Terrace||1.00pm|
High Flyers Show celebrated 30 years in 2012. The revamped show has over 100 birds. Birds perform amazing tricks.
TIPS FOR VISITORS TO JURONG BIRD PARK
- To reach Jurong Bird Park, visitors can take Bus 194 from Boon Lay MRT station. Note that Bus 194 is not available for the return journey from Jurong Bird Park to Boon Lay station. Bus number 251 takes visitors to Boon Lay MRT. Frequency of 251 is not very good.
- In order to comfortably see all Jurong Bird Park birds, bird shows and also spend time in the children’s area, visitors will require 4 to 5 hours. Visitors can arrive at their leisure by noon and yet cover all these activities.
- Visitors who intend to visit Jurong Bird Park, Singapore Zoo and the Night Safari, can save money by purchasing the “PARK HOPPER 3-in-1” ticket [Adult SGD $69 and Child SGD 46.00]. Visitors who intend to visit 2 attractions (Jarong Bird Park, Singapore Zoo or Night Safari) can purchase the “PARK HOPPER 2-in-1” ticket. With the Park Hopper, visitors can visit attractions on separate days within 30 days of purchasing the ticket.
- Do catch the new “High Flyers Show” with over 100 birds participating. Reach Pools Amphitheatre 15 minutes before start of the show.
- There are 8 feeding sessions with the birds which are a delight to watch. Visitors can be feed the Lorys throughout the day at the Lory Loft.
- Try to avoid weekends and holidays, since they have the largest crowds.
- There is a Monorail train service within the park with 3 stations. As compared to Singapore Zoo, Jurong Bird Park is relatively smaller, so it can be covered easily without the monorail/tram. Elderly visitors and children may want to use the monorail.
- For frequent visitors to Jurong, it makes sense to purchase an annual Membership card. This link has details of membership to Singapore’s Wildlife Parks and Reserves. Card members do not have to queue for tickets.
- Take a cap along, wear sun screen, wear comfortable walking shoes and drink water at regular intervals.
- Jurong Bird Park offers special discounts for visitors with “Disability Development Registry” (DDR) identity card. Two accompanying minders also get 20% discount on ticket cost.
- When the Bird Park closes, there are usually long lines for taxis and bus. Plan to leave Jarong Bird Park 30 minutes before the closing time of 6:00 pm.
TIPS FOR TOURIST WITH KIDS AT JARONG BIRD PARK
- Jurong Bird Park has a terrific Children’s Play area (“Birdz of Play”) with wet and dry sections. Children have great fun getting wet on a hot Singapore day. The wet section has a giant tipping bucket, shallow pool, slides, Flying fox, etc. <span class=”highlight”>Remember to get swimwear, towels, sun screen and fresh set of clothes</span>. There are shower facilities for kids.
- Visitors with small children should get their strollers since there is a lot of walking to be done. Alternately strollers, wheelchairs and wagons can be hired at the entrance to the park.
- Kids will enjoy the 8 bird feeding sessions. Feeding nectar to Lory birds in the Lory Loft is a perennial favorite with kids.
- Children of Singapore citizens and permanent residents are allowed FREE admission to Jurong Park on their birthday. They also get a complimentary ice cream.
- Jurong Bird Park runs promotions for Singapore citizens (especially kids), such as free admission during the school holidays. Please check the Park website for latest promotion offer.
JURONG BIRD PARK TIMING AND OPENING HOUR
Singapore Zoo Opening Time: 8:30 am
Singapore Zoo Closing Time: 6:00 pm
ADMISSION TICKET COST FOR JURONG BIRD PARK IN SINGAPORE
|TYPE OF TICKET / PASS||ADULT||CHILD|
|Jurong Bird Park Ticket (Only)||20||13|
|Jurong Bird Park Ticket (With Tram)||25||16|
|Park Hopper 3-in-1 (Jurong Bird Park, Zoo, Night Safari)||69||46|
|Park Hopper 2-in-1 (Jurong Bird Park & Zoo)||39||26|
|Park Hopper 2-in-1 (Jurong Bird Park & Night Safari)||49||32|
|Park Hopper 2-in-1 (Zoo & Night Safari)||49||32|
- NO TICKET (Free admission) for Children below the age of 3.
- “CHILD” ticket is for kids between the ages of 3 and 12.
- Jurong Bird Park Guided Tram cost Ride $5.00 for an adult and $3.00 for a child. This is cost per round trip.
- For senior citizens who are Singapore citizen or Permanent Residents, the entry fee is $10.
JURONG BIRD PARK ADDRESS AND MAP
|JURONG BIRD PARK ADDRESS||JURONG BIRD PARK BUS ROUTE MAP|
|2 Jurong Hill, Singapore – 628925; Tel: (65) 6265 0022; E-mail: email@example.com||
View Bus Route 194, 251 between Jurong Bird Park and Boon Lay MRT in Singapore in a larger map
HOW TO GET TO JURONG BIRD PARK BY MRT TRAIN AND BUS
|NEAREST MRT TRAIN STATION TO JURONG||CONNECTING BUS TO JURONG BIRD PARK|
|Boon Lay (EW27)||Bus No. 194 (From Boon Lay Station to Jurong)|
|Boon Lay (EW27)||Bus No. 251 (From Jurong to Boon Lay Station)|
- Bus Number 194 is not available for the return journey from Jurong Bird Park to Boon Lay MRT train station.
- Bus Number 251 travels from Jurong Bird Park to Boon Lay MRT Station. Bus stop for Bus 251 is on the road opposite to the 194 Bus Stop is. To get to the 251 Bus stop, take the small pedestrian tunnel under the flyover outside Jurong Park.
ATTRACTIONS NEAR SINGAPORE’S JURONG BIRD PARK
- Singapore Discovery Centre
OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF JURONG BIRD PARK
- Top 10 Must See Attractions and Things To Do In Singapore
- Top 10 Free Attractions And Free Things To Do in Singapore
- Night Safari Zoo, Singapore – Information, Animals, Shows, Bus
- Singapore Zoo Information – Animals, Shows, Ticket, Bus
- Ticket Prices, Location And Timing Of Singapore’s Main Attractions
- Top 10 Best Gardens and Parks in Singapore
- Top 10 Best Zoos, Animal and Bird Attractions in Singapore
- Top 10 Best Rides, Roller Coasters and Water Rides in Singapore
- Singapore Tourist Refund Scheme (eTRS): How to claim GST Refund?
- Top 10 Best And Famous Buddhist Temples In Singapore
- Top 10 Best And Most Famous Churches in Singapore
- Top 10 Best And Most Famous Mosques in Singapore
- Top 10 Best Hindu Temples in Singapore
Picture of Jurong Bird Park Entrance by Choo Yut Shing. Image used under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.
Picture of African Waterfall by madaboutasia. Image used under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.
Picture of Cassowary, High Flyers Show, in the “Pictures of Jurong Park Section” by Choo Yut Shing. Image used under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.
Pictures of Cassowary in “Main Sections” by Bjørn Christian Tørrissen. Image is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.