Great Singapore Sale (GSS) Dates in 2016
The 2016 Great Singapore Sale (GSS) starts on 3 June, 2016 and ends on 14 August, 2016.
What is the Great Singapore Sale (GSS)?
- During the 2 month long “Great Singapore Sale”, many retailers, malls and departmental stores offer customers special discounts.
- In addition to discounts, Malls/retailers/stores also organize special events and prizes during the Great Singapore Sale.
- The Great Singapore Sale is an annual 2 month shopping event that was started in 1994. It is an event that enables retailers to increases sales and attracts foreign tourist.
Malls, Shops and Stores Participating in the Great Singapore Sale
The following Singapore Malls, Shops, Retailers and Departmental Stores are part of the Great Singapore Sale:
ORCHARD ROAD: Paragon, Park Mall, ION Orchard, Forum The Shopping Mall, Far East Plaza, Scotts Square, TANGS Orchard, Mandarin Gallery, Wisma Atria, Takashimaya Shopping Centre, Knightsbridge, Robinsons Orchard, Orchard Building, Orchard Central, The Centrepoint, 313@somerset, Plaza Singapura
MARINA BAY: Marina Square, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, Suntec City, Millenia Walk, Raffles City, Raffles Hotel Shopping Arcade, CityLink Mall, Fullerton Hotel Shops
BUGIS: BHG, Bugis+, Albert Complex, Sim Lim Square, Street Bazaar at Bugis Street
SOUTHERN WATERFRONT (Near Sentosa): VivoCity, HarbourFront Centre, Resorts World Sentosa
OUTSKIRTS OF SINGAPORE: Anchor Point, Bedok Point, Causeway Point, Changi City Point, China Square Central, Compass Point, Fernvale Point, IMM, International Furniture Centre, Jubilee Square, North Point, Punggol Plaza, Robertson Walk, Square 2, The Clementi Mall, The Furniture Mall, Verge Shopping Mall, Valley Point, Velocity @ Novena Square, West Mall, Yewtee Point, 100 AM
CHINATOWN: Yue Hwa Department Store, People’s Park Complex, Chinatown Complex, Chinatown Point, Rose Citron, Wild Child, View Point, Shops on the Chinatown Street Market, South Bridge Road and New Bridge Road
LITTLE INDIA: Tekka Centre, Little India Arcade, Mustafa Centre, shops on Campbell Lane, Dunlop Street and Hindon Road
KAMPONG: Shops on Arab Street, Bussorah Street, Baghdad Street, Kandahar Streets, Haji Lane, Bali Lane, Jalan Sultan and North Bridge Road
In addition, 21 HDB Shopping Centres are also part of GSS 2014.
Special Promotions at Great Singapore Sale (GSS) 2014
In addition to sale discounts, many of Singapore’s malls and shops run special events, offer purchase linked prizes, conduct lucky draws, offer special bargains and offer coupons/vouchers. Please visit either the GSS website or the Retailer’s website for more information on discount and events offered.
Some of the interesting prizes and promotional events at the 2014 Great Singapore Sale (GSS) are as follows:
- MasterCard is offering over 7,000 prizes. MasterCard’s Priceless Surprises Machines will be at different locations, where customers can participate in this promotional event.
- Daily one person will win SGD $500 by lucky draw. Please visit the GSS website for rules and conditions.
- Customers shopping at SPH SHOP can win a Subaru Impreza and a Nissan Sylphy. In addition they can also win prizes and money.
- 44 hotels are offering special rates for visitors during the Great Singapore Sale. Special tour packages are available for the Great Singapore Sale, which offer hotel, city tour and special discounts.
- Resorts World Sentosa is offering 1 Free Pass for every 3 bought at Universal Studios and S.E.A. Aquarium.
Special Discounts, Offers for Tourist at Great Singapore Sale 2014
To attract foreign tourist during GSS 2014, Singapore’s biggest malls are offering additional discounts, services, tourist cards and gifts to them. Examples of these include:
- Complimentary Limousine service by ION Orchard and Paragon
- Gifts by Marina Square Shopping Mall, 313@somerset, Paragon, Suntec City Mall, The Centrepoint, VivoCity
- Tourist Privilege Cards, which entitle foreigners additional discounts and privileges at Marina Square Shopping Mall, 313@somerset, The Centrepoint, VivoCity and Wisma Atria
- VivoCity offers discounts to tourist shoppers to attractions such as Singapore Zoo.
- To fill the time between shopping, 6 special daily tours are offered to visitors. These tours cover attractions in Singapore City, 2 walking tours in Singapore’s China Town, Moonlight Adventure Tour exploring the night life in downtown Singapore, East Coast & Changi tour and a lifestyle tour to Tiger Brewery.
Foreign tourists are eligible for a refund of 7% “Goods and Services Tax” (GST) on products bought in Singapore. This GST refund scheme is called “Tourist Refund Scheme” (TRS). This link has further information on what is GST refund and procedure to claim it.
Festivals and Events During the Great Singapore Sale 2014
In addition to shopping, many events are held during the Great Singapore Sale. In 2014 the following events took place during GSS.
- Singapore International Jewelry Expo (SIJE) 2014: 4 day international exhibition and sale of jewelry, gems and watches, at Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre. Dates: 3 July to 6 July, 2014.
- BeerFest Asia: Lots of beer, workshops on beer, live performances and comedy acts. Location is Marina Promenade. Dates: 12 June to 16 June, 2014.
- Baybeats 2014: Alternative music festival, where local and international acts will performce pop, folk, rock, metal, emo, punk, electro, etc. Location is Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay. Dates: 27 June to 29 June, 2014.
- The League Against Evil – A DC Super Heroes Exhibition: Exhibitions and workshops to celebrate the 75th anniversary of DC Comics Super Hero, Batman.Location is Singapore Philatelic Museum. Dates: 5 June to 31 August, 2014.
- The Home Show: Showcase for innovative furniture and designs from all over the world. Dates: 24 May to 1 June, 2014.
Organizers of the Great Singapore Sale
The Great Singapore Sale is organized by “Singapore Retailers Association” (SRA). SRA is a non-profit retail trade body, which was founded in 1977. SRA is involved in improving the retail industry in Singapore and to represent the interest of Singapore’s retailers.
In addition to organizing the “Great Singapore Sale”, Singapore Retailers Association is also involved in working with the government on retail projects, conducting retail conferences, improving professionalism in the retail industry, study of the retail industry, training of retail staff, share retail information, etc.
“Singapore Retailers Association” (SRA) has over 275 members, which include retail giants such as Mastercard, Amex, Takashimaya, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Sentosa Leisure, Toys ‘R’ Us, Robinson, Mothercare, Nike, Adidas, KFC, Four Seasons, Swarovski, Lladro, Espirit, Gucci, HMV, Estee Lauder, Charles & Keith, Fossil, etc.
- How to claim GST Refund? Singapore’s Tourist Refund Scheme
- Ticket Prices and Location of Singapore’s Main Tourist Attractions
- Top 10 Best Gardens and Parks in Singapore
- Top 10 Best Zoos, Animal and Bird Attractions in Singapore
- Top 10 Best Rides, Roller Coasters and Water Rides in Singapore
- Night Safari Zoo, Singapore – Information, Animals, Shows, Bus
- Singapore Zoo Information – Animals, Shows, Ticket, Bus
- Jurong Bird Park, Singapore – Birds, Shows, Tickets, Bus